Steven Thomas BSc. (Hons) Podiatry, MCPod, POM-A, POM-S
Mr Thomas is a Podiatrist based at Harley Street Mon-Fri, and holds an honorary contract for the Podiatric (foot and ankle) Surgery unit at Guy’s NHS hospital. He is available for mobile and home podiatry / chiropody in central London.
Graduated with Honours in Podiatry from Cardiff Metropolitan University. Has additional entitlements of prescription only medicines – administration (POM-A), and sale and supply (POM-S).
A member of the HCPC, College of Podiatry, and The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow.
Currently undertaking a Masters Degree in Podiatric (foot and ankle) Surgery
- Lower limb musculoskeletal abnormalities
- Diagnostic video gait analysis and orthotic prescription – Gait analysis is the study of the way we walk. This can often be improved with custom orthoses (insoles).
- Minor surgery treatments including ingrown toe nail surgery.
- Shockwave (ESWT) treatments for plantar fasciitis and achilles tendinopathy.
- Image guided diagnostic and therapeutic injections: Local anaesthetic, steroid, PRP (platelet rich plasma), OSTINIL (for symptoms of arthritic joints), and high volume injections. These can be used to treat a wide range of foot symptoms including: Morton’s neuroma, osteoarthritis of the big toe joint, tendinopathy, joint pain, sinus tarsi syndrome, and plantar fasciitis.
- Experienced in verruca treatments including cryotherapy and verruca needling.
Steven is an avid musician, writing and performing music on piano and guitar. He can often be spotted taking country walks at National Trust sites.
Podiatrist or Chiropodist?
Podiatrists and chiropodists are specialists in foot health. Sometimes there is confusion between the two titles. Chiropody is the traditional term given to treatments of foot ailments. Podiatry, a more recent title, encompasses the complete detailed study, diagnosis and treatments of the foot and ankle. This includes chiropody as one form of treatment option. Podiatry can involve gait analysis, custom orthoses (insoles), nail surgery, shockwave therapy, prescription only medicines, administration of local anaesthetics / steroid / PRP etc.
In short, all Podiatrists can carry out chiropody but, not all Chiropodists are Podiatrists. You can read more about this in the blog section under “Why should you consult a professional podiatrist for your foot and ankle problems?”.
For mobile or home podiatry and chiropody contact Mr. Thomas:
020 3026 6031
To book a consultation at Harley Street Medical Centre, please contact:
79 Wimpole Street, London, W1G 9RY